Contact Details:

Mail : amarnath255561@gmail.com

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dell Interview Experience 2013


Pattern : written + 2TECH + 1 HR(But for me 1Tech + 2HR)

Type : Online

Cgpa criteria : NO

Written exam Modules :  60 questions    70min   (no -ve marking)
Aptitude -time taking
OS
Data structure
Database
Computer Networks

Tips :

Try to read gate material from geeksforgeeks. many of the questions and concepts are from it.

"Be individual and solve them" 

Shortlisting Information :

If you can answer at least 40 questions, you'll get shortlisted. 
They shortlisted 15 candidates for interviews and also they called  8-10 waiting list  candidates for interviews.

My Interview Experience:

It was around 5:30 PM. Dell Interviews are about to complete but i haven't even completed with one round of Dell as i was busy in giving other company interviews.As my Selection status of other companies are not yet disclosed ,I couldn't take the risk of not attending that interview.

Round 1 : (35 min)
1. code of Inorder recursive and non recursive
2. Questions on sorting like
    best algorithm if u consider (no. of swaps, no. of comparisons etc)
3. Sorting words in a large file.
4. T9 Dictionary(most important question of many companies).
5. Insertion sort code (they look for each every corner cases,so better check ur code  with all types of test cases and then ask the interviewer to review it )
6. course projects
Then he asked to wait for second round.

By that time ,those guys(DELL interviewers) have decided to take only 10 members and they already have the count and they were calling the selected candidates and congratulating them and for my friend they have specified the field and under whom he would be working.  As the count have been reached, those guys are not interested in me, they would like to take my interview just for formal.
I understood the scenario and i should create an special impression about me to get selected and increase their count.
Round 2 : (30 min Tech + HR) 
Interviewer was the best guy among the other interviewers i met till now. Awesome experience with him. I felt like I was speaking with my friend and some times we were cracking jokes on each other.

Basic HR questions
1. Tell me about yourself
2. +ve's and -ve's
3. Explanation of Course Projects(discussion oriented went for 20 min)
4. Show me an example that you are good at team work.
5. course projects
6. Finally he asked me to say about DELL as much as i know?
But really speaking, I don't know anything more about the company information.But i said only one sentence
"DELL,  The main weapon of  most of the Computer Science students over here and every where."

By that one sentence he was impressed more and he gave me one best complement.

"You have good narrating and management skills.You can be recruited into HR management and can come to IITD again next year to recruit your juniors"
It was an awesome feeling when he said that sentence and now am sure that he would increase the selection count.

He said me to wait for Round 3.

The DELL and INTEL interview panels are beside each other. DELL and INTEL interviewers were talking to each other and they were looking whether there are any candidates who are common in both. I heard my name.

The moment I heard my name,I was feeling tensed about my selection status in INTEL because they may remove my name from the List.

After Sometime I heard that INTEL results have been give to TNP Placement cell. I requested the INTEL Volunteer to say about my status, but he didn't. So I asked my friend ( Niranjan - TNP PG coordinator) to go to placement cell and to know my status. He came back and said that i was Selected for INTEL :) :)
At the same time the interviewer called me for third round.

Round 3: ( 5 min)

I said that I was placed in INTEL and gave more priority to it and am not interested in ur's . He said he was impressed with my frankness and  ended the interview over there.

I was feeling Happy as i know that i was selected for INTEL ,at same time Dell released their results even though am not interested they selected me first and stroke through and put me in the waiting list. Further in the next day morning my rejection helped my friend to get that job who was next to me in the waiting list. I felt happy for not accepting that job and that too it helped my first year roommate to get that Job. doubled  my happiness  :)

After i got to know the DELL results, within in short span Oracle released their results and i was in again. As the job location was in Hyderabad my hometown, i was in dilemma whether to opt Oracle or Intel. After some suggestions of my friends ,seniors and Teachers  I chose INTEL finally :) :)

Happy Ending  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment